Woodcuts Journal Pages

11:00

Hi Everyone
This week I'm playing with a forgotten piece I started goodness knows when. I have been forced to have a bit of a sort out due to work going on on my house at the moment and in doing so I came across a That's Crafty! small greyboard journal (3" x5") that I started an age ago and then forgot about it. So I just had to pick it up and carry on.


Here's What I Did:

Before I found this journal again, I had previously covered each side of the pages with pieces of left over backgrounds that I had made to come back to at a later date. I remember at the time not being happy with after I had done this which is why I probably discarded it at the time. So on discovering it again I still didn't like it so I roughly covered each of the backgrounds roughly with white gesso using an old credit card which left it very uneven and textured and still allowed a little of the colour underneath to show through, much happier with that look now I continued on.  

Onto the now gesso covered backgrounds I glued on some torn pieces of book paper and Tim Holtz printed collage paper then over that started, adding with my fingers, a selection of paint colours from the That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paint range. I also added some texture paste through the Quatrefoil Dinky stencil to add further texture which I also added some of my colour palette to. 

I cut out a circle and some small squares from the book paper adding some machine stitching to the circle before cutting it in half adding half a circle to each page along with some of the cut squares. There is also a die cut number 2 some Tim Holtz letter stickers and I have added some script stamping using the fabulous script stamp found in the Alexa's Doodles set 2 stamp set. Each page was then edged in black using a Black Soot Distress Crayon. I stamped a couple of the Dina Wakley Woodcuts stamps onto stamping card and cut them out I also had to give them a little paint treatment smearing a selection of the paint colours I had used onto them and adding a touch of dot stencilling again the stencil used was a Dinky stencil. I added them then to the small journal pages. I then decided to add a very small piece of Torn Dina Wakley washi tape to each page. The finishing touch was to add the words which came from Tim Holtz Clippings Stickers.




And that's it, 2 pages of my forgotten little art journal completed. I am determine to finish it so expect more finished pages in the weeks to come.

Here's What I Used:
That's Crafty Multi Surface Paints - White, Black, Bright Red, Yellow, Bright Lime, Light Blue & Midnight
That's Crafty Dinky Stencils - Circles 003 & Quatrefoil 1 011
Torn Book Pages
Tim Holtz Label Letters
Tim Holtz Clipping Stickers
Die cut scraps
Sewing Machine

Have a fabulous week and see you all next Tuesday
Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. So glad you happened on this little book and let the pages take the next steps of their journey. I love the excitement of the textures and the colour contrasts - there's a real life and energy to the whole look. Fabulous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous pages in your little journal Amanda. So much gorgeous detail and colour on them and love the black contrast too. So glad you managed to finish them off.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab pages, Amanda . You've brought those little pages to life with real flair . Looking forward to seeing more of your entries :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook