It's Snowing Deer by Samantha Read

11:00


Hello! You may remember a couple of weeks ago I promised a second part to my triptych so here it is!

What I did

I began by giving the MDF round a couple of coats of white gesso and then randomly some pink, blue and lavender paint, leaving a little space, then applying the sprays both on the pain and in white space. Then using the Dinky stencils and Texture Paste added the snowflakes and leaves details, giving texture and contrast. I then stamped the hearts, clouds and leaves directly on to the round and coloured the hearts and clouds using watercolours. The deer and tree were stamped on white card, coloured with watercolours and adhered in place.

What I used

That's Crafty! Surfaces MDF Rounds
That's Crafty! Light Texture Paste
That's Crafty! White Gesso
That's Crafty! Dinky Stencil - Leaves
That's Crafty! Dinky Stencil - Snowflake Background
That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paint  I used Lavender, Light Blue and Light Pink
That's Crafty! Flat Matte Spray  I used Rose and Bluebell
That's Crafty! Lustre Spray - Lilac 
ABStudio TandiArt Stamp ID115 (the deer)
ABStudio TandiArt Stamp Set ID45
ABStudio TandiArt Stamp Set ID44

(Extras; ABStudio TandiArt Stamp Set ID114, the Christmas Tree)

Next Wednesday I shall reveal the completed triptych! Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope I've inspired you a little. Wishing you a lovely day, Sam xx

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This is really adorable Sam. An amazing background and the stamped images are so gorgeous.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another wonderful round , Sam with such a lovely magical feel. You are just so good at this style of creativity . Tfs x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook