Dina’s Boxed Faces by Amanda Southern

00:00





Hi Everyone
I am a huge fan of Dina Wakley and especially her stamps so when I saw a preview of her summer releases I knew I would have a purchase coming on. The new Dina stamps have arrived at That’s Crafty and I just had to have an immediate play with the Boxed Faces set. With 3 fabulous faces to choose from in the set I chose this one. The others I will be playing with soon.


Here’s What I Did:-


I started by stamping one of the images onto mixed media paper and left the bound torn edge on. I then coloured the image first with Distress Inks laying down a light coloured wash with them using a water brush. I then added deeper colour with blendable coloured pencils. I then coloured the lips and the eye lid with a Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen. This is the first time of using these pens and they blend like watercolours and have so much lovely sparkle that unfortunately doesn’t show in the photo, but trust me they sparkle. I really wanted to add a collaged look to the face so on a piece of painted scrap card from my bit box I stamped the portion of the face I wanted. I highlighted the white of the eye with a white Posca pen but a white gel pen would do the same. 







Then to collage my background for my image. I stamped the alphabet border from another of Dina’s new releases and also the circle from an older Dina set. With the rest of my painted scrap card I cut it up into strips and applied to my page to emerge from behind my image. To add a bit more bling I drew a swirl across the page with a tacky glue waited it to dry but still tacky and then applied the foil, again picture doesn’t do it justice.







You can see the foil just catching the light here hopefully. I also added touches of foil randomly in the squares of the grid circle.

Final touch was to cut 3 small squares and stamp the scribble text onto them and add them with 3D gel or foam mounts and added an adhesive gem to each. I then added some gems to the boxed face.

I finished by stamping the sentiment that comes with the boxed face set. All was then matted onto black card and added to a card blank.


What I Used:-


Dina Wakley Stamps – Boxed Faces, Assorted Borders, Textures
Paper Trimmer
Tacky Glue (I used a Pebeo glue but any that remains tacky once dry should work)
Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pens – I used the bright pink from the Glitz & Glamour set
Painted scrap card from my stash
Card Blank

Hope you like it, have a fab week and see you next Tuesday

Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. This is absolutely ACE Amanda. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love everything about this Amanda. Great new stamps....love how you have left the "waste" on the paper and the pink foil is to die for. Feel another purchase creeping on! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really is gorgeous Amanda. Such great use of the scraps and the whole design is so striking.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant and once again you always showcase Dina's stamps perfectly ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook