One Day My Prince Will Come by Amanda Southern

11:00

Hi Everyone
And Welcome to Tuesday where it's my day to share some art and this week I have made a card. I can't remember the last time I made a card so this week I have gone quite clean & simple and not a pot of paint in site LOL. 


Here's What I Did:

On to a piece of mixed media card I stamped a selection of the frogs from the Katzelkraft, you could also use watercolour paper. I then cut them out, I cut them out first if I am using a wet colouring medium as the medium tends to also colour the white edges. My choice of colouring medium was to use Distress inks as water colours. I chose a selection of Distress inks in shades of green and transferred some ink of each colour to my glass mat and then coloured each frog using the inks and a waterbrush.


Onto more mixed media card I stamped out the character, again another stamp from Katzelkraft, this time I coloured the image with coloured pencils.


I then took an alphabet die set from my stash and die cut some white card and shaded each letter with 2 shades of the green distress inks that I had used to colour the frogs, I blended the colours on the letters using a blending tool.


Now to just put all the elements of my card together which started with a strip of washi tape along the bottom upon which the letters spelling 'Kiss me' sit added using 3D Gel Glue. Then to add my frogs upon the letters, again with 3D Gel Glue to give everything dimension, the character then was added balancing on top of one of the frogs.

I added the phrase "One day my prince will come" which I had typed out on my typewriter and mounted onto black card before adding it with 3D foam tape. All was then matted onto black card and added to an 8" x 8" card blank.

Here's What I Used:
Katzelkraft Stamp Set - Grenouilles (Frogs)
Katzelkraft Stamp Set - Les Pabos Aviateur
Distress Ink Pads - Shabby Shutters, Crushed Olive, Mowed Lawn, Worn Lipstick, Spun Sugar, Pumice Stone & Hickory Smoke. Mini Distress Ink Pads are HERE
Blendable Coloured Pencils similar to what I used HERE
Washi Tape from my stash but lots to choose from HERE
Alphabet Die 
3D Glue Gel
Typewriter
8" x 8" Card Blank
Have a great week and I will see you all next Tuesday
Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hilarious! She's definitely outnumbered... I hope at least one of them turns out to be a prince!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tee hee! Such an amusing card Amanda and just love the clever design and quirky style.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook