Take 4 Ducks..... by Helen Pigott

11:00

Hello and Welcome to my weekend blog post.
As soon as I saw these duck stamps from AALL & Create 
I knew I had to have them, I didn't know what I was going to do
 with them just knew they were going to be mine!

Below is a step by step tutorial showing you how I made a
mini book featuring these fun ducks.


What I did:



I used a piece of white 12" x 12" card and scored it  every 3 inches.


Turning it around I then scored it again in the same way.


I used a craft knife to cut on the blue lines.


Once cut the folding starts, zig zag style.


There are 3 folds that become pockets, I used double sided tape to
make these.


The card below in the pocket is a standard business card size.


Below is a highlighted section, this becomes a pocket with 
a side entrance.


I used a circle punch to cut a semi circle to make pulling out
a tag easier.


This pocket falls in the middle of the book.



Now it is time to decorate!
This is a fantastic project for using up all those odds and ends 
of card, paper or fabric. I have even used the side of a tissue box
that had pretty pink flowers on (I could not bear to through it away!)


I used one duck on my front cover and one on the back which left
2 for the inside. I coloured these with pencils adding Glossy Accents
for a bit of a shine.

Below are a few of the pages I decorated starting with the front cover.


Then the back with ribbon keeping the book closed.













What I used:

That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Set - Hand Carved Nature
That's Crafty! Surfaces Tags
AALL & Create Stamp Set #135 - Quack the Duck
AALL & Create Stencil #26
AALL & Create Stamp Set #72 - Rocking Corns
Studiolight Art By Marlene Washi Tape #1
13 Arts 6" x 6" Paper Pack - Aqua Flora
PaperArtsy Infusions
PaperArtsy Cling Mounted Stamp Set - Elenazinski Art ZA26
PaperArtsy Zini's Cling Mounted Stamp - Elenazinski Art ZN23
Ranger Inkssentials Glossy Accents
Ranger Stickles Glitter Glue
Colouring Pencils


I have taught this project to adults but also to this lovely lady above 
who sat for hours making this little book. She was able to recall all the 
steps later proudly telling Daddy how she had made it.



You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. A really cute little book Helen and can see why you had to have those gorgeous ducks. Beautifully decorated inside and a really great tutorial too.
    A real pleasure to have had you join us and sharing such fab artwork.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its hard not to fall in love with those quirky little ducks. You have showcased them well in your wonderful little book , Helen. Looks like your daughter had lots of fun learning from Mum .
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adore this amazing creation Helen, so many yummy details to drool over and the little lady looks like she’s creating a masterpiece too!
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook