Thinking Thankful Thoughts by Samantha Read

11:00


Hello! There has been an abundance of acorns and mushrooms this autumn, I love going out foraging with Poppy on our walks, and our walks are often inspiration for what I make. Here's a cute little bear thinking thankful thoughts and looking forward to waking up in Springtime after his hibernation.

What I did

I began by coating my greyboard round with two coats of gesso and then started the background by painting in areas using the lavender, blue and pink paints, then spraying over the top. I added the texture paste mushroom stencil details and sprayed some more.

Next I stamped the flowers and clouds background details and stamped the bear and his tree trunk on white card and coloured using watercolour paints.

After adhering the bear and truck in place I added the die cut foilage and mushroom, also coloured with watercolour paints.

Finally paint splats and text finished this piece.

What I used

That's Crafty! Surfaces Greyboard Rounds Pack
That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Set - Baby Bear and Friends
That's Crafty! Dinky Stencil - Mushrooms
That's Crafty! White Gesso
That's Crafty! Texture Paste
That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paints (I used; Lavender, Light Blue and Light Pink)
That's Crafty! Flat Matte Sprays (I used; Bluebell and Raspberry)
Prima Watercolours - Tropicals
(Extras: Sizzix Tim Holtz Die, Funky Foliage, MDF Moon, String)

I do hope you like it, thanks for looking and have a fab day :) Sam xx

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. All creative work draws the viewer in to it and tells a story unique to the viewer. This is a truly beautiful piece of work which certainly does that. Well done Sam Read. Ray. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely artwork Sam and so cute too. Love the pretty colours and all the gorgeous details too. Little bear looks adorable sleeping in your scene.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always Samantha you put your signature 'happy' factor into this piece. Its adorable x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Ray and lovely ladies :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally in love with your gorgeous creation Sam, at the risk of repeating myself you do make the most awesome little scenes of whimsy
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook