Happy Meow'een by Samantha Read

11:00


Hello! You may have noticed that I, like many, just adore Fred, he's such a wonderful character for dressing up and/or being in fun situations. For this weeks creation I made a card and it's Fred covered with a sheet being a spook for Halloween, he needed a really big sheet to cover his wonderful whiskers!

What I did

I began with a 5 in x 5 in card and added orange, purple and black paint to the edges. I then applied texture paste with a palette knife to add texture and cover some of the colour to add depth. 

Using the Dinky Squiggles stencil and orange paint I added the extra details for the background. Fred was stamped on white card and coloured using pencils. I stamped him again and traced around him for the sheet shape, cut it out along with eye holes. 

The text was stamped using a random alphabet set in my stash. To grunge the card up a little I simple smudged some black paint on with my fingers in places, which highlighted the texture in the texture paste and to finish some more black paint to 'ground' Fred by making a shadow.

What I used

That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paints - Orange, Purple and Metallic Black
Extras: Alphabet Stamp Set

Just a reminder that the current That's Crafty! 'Spooky' challenge is still join-in-able, all the details are here 

I do hope you like my card, thanks for looking and have a fab day, Sam xx

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This is so cute Sam and Fred looks adorable in his spooky ghost costume. A really lovely way to alter him up for Halloween.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I might be considered horribly biased but Fred is probably my favourite stamp design and I always love what you do with him Sam, this is another winner 😻
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook