Feel Free by Amanda Southern

11:00

Hi Everyone
I hope this Tuesday find you well. I have again, for this weeks post, still been playing with the the product range of 'Art by Marlene' this time I have used one of Marlene's fabulous 'Chubby Chicks'. 
I have also been playing with Marlene's tin of water colours but I'm not sure about my water colouring skills but the intensity of the colours makes them fabulous for backgrounds.


This week I have made a card using lots of colour!!
Here's What I Did:

I started with a piece of watercolour card that I cut to size (7" x 7") and started building up my background. I started with circles of watercolour paint, this I did by painting watercolour onto the small circular Gel Press, which I have stuck to an acrylic stamping block, and using that to stamp the circular colours onto the water colour paper. I then stencilled over the top using a selection of Distress Oxides. I sectioned off the part I wanted off the stencil with masking tape and worked around the page.


I then set about adding some doodling using a black fineliner pen and a white gel pen.
Then it was just about adding interest and texture over the top. There is stencilling through a couple of my favourite Dinky stencils using black ink and Izink paste. Some stamping, which is the crosses, from one of Marlene's clear stamp sets which I then doodled around with a white gel pen. I chose a couple of the sentiments and heat embossed those on which I again highlighted around with a white gel pen.

Onto a separate piece of water colour paper I stamped the fabulous Chubby Chick. I coloured her with the water colours but I struggle to get light and shade with water colours so I then finished them off with my go to colouring medium which are coloured pencils. 



She was cut out and added to the background. I grounded her a little by adding some shadow around her, again using water colour.

I then matted onto black card and added to a card blank.

Here's What I Used:
Art by Marlene Rubber Stamps - Chubby Chicks #14
Art by Marlene Clear Stamps - #28 and #29
Distress Oxides - Assorted Colours
The Crafters Workshop Stencil - Crazy Waves
That's Crafty! Dinky Stencils - Half Circles and Bubbles
IZink Texture Paste - Mimosa & Rose
Versafine Ink Pad - Onyx Black
Coloured Pencils (or colouring medium of your choice)
Tim Holtz Dot Fade Stencil
Black Card
Card Blank

Hope I've brought a little bit of colour into your day today! Have a fabulous Tuesday and I'll see you all next Tuesday
Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Gorgeous Amanda, adore the vibrant colours and fabulous background, perfect for your focal imagery ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh she is wonderful, and so are the creation Amanda, love it . Hugs, Dorthe, xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning and colourful card Amanda and your colouring on the chubby chick is amazing - she looks so wonderfully lifelike with the shading.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, she is a treat - I love her surrounded by all those uplifting swirls of colour - a feelgood card for sure.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another fantastic piece of creativity , Amanda. You have made those waves and circles work so well together ( not easy to do) and they really come to life with the addition of the pen work. Always impressed by your creative talent x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The most awesome and amazing card CC, your use of colours is always jaw dropping
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook