Mandala by Amanda Southern

11:00


Hi Everyone

I’d like to share with you today one of the pieces I made to support That’s Crafty’s first One Day Special which Launched on Hochanda last Friday evening. Laura launched many new fabulous stencils but my favourite has to be the Mandala 8” x 8” one. 







Here’s What I Did:


Starting with an 8” x 8” white/greyboard panel, I gave it a quick coat of gesso. I then stencilled Light Texture Paste through the Mandala stencil and let it dry. Once dry I then painted over it all with the Teal paint. Putting the stencil back in place I then blended the different colours of paint starting in the centre with the lighter colour. I made the orange by mixing the Red and Yellow paint together. I kept layering the paint up through the stencil adding the paint with Cut and Dry Foam. 

To add the sentiment to the centre I stamped and heat embossed in white onto heat resistant acetate and cut it out. I added it to the Mandala with a little 3D Gloss Gel as it dries clear.






I kept this piece simple as I wanted to just show off the stencil.


Here’s What I Used:


Heat Resistant Acetate

See you next Tuesday

Love
Amanda

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. This is magnificent Amanda and looked fabulous on TV, the depth you achieved with the paste looks super with your blended colours like a rainbow on top. It's an awesome stencil and you've highlighted just how fabulous it really is within this panel piece. Beautiful piece of art.
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is gorgeous Amanda, so beautifully created, and your layering of paints so perfect, a stunning make, and it was wonderful to see it on the show.
    Hugs, Dorthe, xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful colour tones, zinging against each other. So clever to add that subtle shading over the teal - at first my eyes couldn't tell what was stencilled and what was relief. Fab!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really gorgeous creation Amanda. Beautifully colourful and the central quote is very cleverly done too, I was wondering how you did it.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beauuuuuutiful!!!. I love love love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This definitely was one of the stars of the shows that’s for sure
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful piece of work and as Donna said, this was a star of the shows.
    Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook