I hope that you have all had a wonderful Bank Holiday weekend. I have been playing with the Gelli Plate, I love creating backgrounds so I have a “go to” stash when I need one quickly. So I created this card from a recent play where I was replenishing my stash. My card uses a matching stamp and die from Carabelle Studio and I cannot take the credit for my tutorial this week as I am recreating a tutorial that I saw on Birgit Koopsen’s blog who is a very talented designer for Carabelle Studio as well as a fabulous mixed media artist. I just had to give it a try so thought I would share it with you.
Here’s What I Did:-
The first I did was to make myself a foam stamp out of the Carabelle die. To do this I die cut it out of adhesive foam sheets but any thin foam would work you could also use Styrofoam plate or similar. I cut mine using a Sizzix Bigshot. I then stuck that to a piece of acetate. That was actually too thin so I stuck that to a couple of layers of corrugated card and even made myself a handle for it.
With my stamp made I then brayered acrylic paint onto my Gelli Plate I blended yellow at one end into pink at the other end. I then took the handmade foam stamp and stamped into the paint before laying on my card to pull the print from the Gelli Plate. I then stamped onto the print the coordinating stamp in black Archival ink. I then stamped the flower again onto a post it, cut it out and lay on my stamped flower to act as a mask before I then stamped the Balloon Flowers, in Archival Magenta Hue, so they appeared to be behind. I then added further coloured shading to my stamped flower using coloured pencils.
To add even more detail to the flower I coloured in some of the small dots with a white gel pen and added some dimension using white and coordinating colours of Enamel Accents which give it some texture.
I stamped my sentiment in black Archival ink and with my sewing machine stitched all around the outside and added some splatters of white paint. To finish I have matted onto black card and added to a card blank.
I also, whilst I was at it, made more foam stamps from a selection of Carabelle dies to use with the Gelli Plate at a later date, you could however do this with any dies in your collection.
What I Used:-
Archival Ink Pads – Black, Magenta Hue
Ranger Enamel Accents – White, Wild Orchid, Cheese Puff, Lemon twist, Pink Gumball
White Paint – PaperArtsy Fresco Paint Snowflake
Self Adhesive Craft Foam or Similar
Sentiment (From my stash)
I know it’s not a new idea but a great alternative way to use your dies
See you next Tuesday