Hi Everyone! Here's my tutorial for the Church Window Book I made for That's Crafty's recent Hochanda TV show.
Here's what I used...
That's Crafty! Dinky Stencils - 001 Brick Repeat Background, 005 Bubbles Background, 060 Numbers, 068 Decorative Background
DecoArt Media Misters - Orange, Violet Shimmer
PaperArtsy Hotpick Stamps - HP1602, HP1604, HP1605
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Paint - Blue Oyster, Guacamole, Tango, Bougainvillea, Cheesecake
Stazon Ink Pads - Jet Black, Teal Blue, Fucshia Pink
1. I began by base-coating the MDF covers with the DecoArt white gesso. I then added some patches of Prima heavy white gesso on the front cover, and used a texture comb to create patterns in it. Next, I applied some DecoArt crackle paste randomly through the Brick Repeat Dinky Stencil. I left this to dry naturally.
2. Undoing the lids of the DecoArt Misters, I used the straw to apply the liquid paint to the top of the front cover, spritzing it with water so that it dripped down. On the inside of the front cover, and both sides of the back cover, I added more of the paint, spritzing it to disperse the colours.
3. On the front cover, I stamped the flower from HP1602 around the edges with black Stazon ink.
4. I used the DecoArt Misters and water to colour a piece of white card, stamped the butterfly from HP1602 with black Stazon, cut it out and glued it to the front cover. I then coated the butterfly with glossy accents.
5. The acrylic 'pages' were created using various PaperArtsy stamps, Fresco paints, Dinky Stencils, and Stazon inks. You can see these below.
I hope I've inspired you today.
Until next week,