Layered Floral Card by Fliss Goodwin

11:00


Hello!

I have another floral card to share this week which has lots of layered stencilling and stamping as I wanted to use up some more of the background paper that I made and used to create the artist trading cards I featured on here a couple of weeks ago.

What I Did:

I made the background paper for my card using a piece of paper that came about because I didn't want to waste some diluted lime paint that I used on another project so I scraped the excess on a square of cartridge paper. I took the piece and used one of Melina's gorgeous new masks to apply a pattern with diluted teal multi surface paint. I added the paper to a black mat and glued it to my white square card blank.

I then took the remaining pink and blue stencilled paper - you can see how I created this by clicking HERE - and cut 2 rectangles slightly larger than the rectangular frame in Lynne's mark making stamp set 2. I stamped on the frame with black ink and trimmed the panels, following the shape of the outline. I then added them to a black mat to make them pop out from the background.

I stamped the floral spray image from Melina's new flower collection stamp set 6 on cartridge paper and coloured the image with flat matte sprays - I used Basil, Bluebell and Saffron. I then cut the flowers out.

I glued the elements on the card as you see and finished off with the text from one of my fanciful flowers sets stamped on black card with Versamark ink then heat embossed with white embossing powder.

Supplies:

White Cartridge Paper
White Embossing Powder


Have a great and hopefully crafty weekend (esoecially if the weather is still dismal and wet) and see you next week.

Fliss x 


You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Fliss, the mandala stencilling in the background is beautiful, as are those flowers. I love that quote too! Such a lovely make. The sun came out here today, hope it did for you too. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous combination to make a lovely card
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fliss,
    A beautiful card and love the use of the mark making frame style stamp.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! Beautiful background, colours and flowers. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Wonderful card , Fliss with some lovely stenciling . x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook