Be Cool by Amanda Southern

11:00

Hi Everyone
This week I have been creating on one of the That's Crafty! MDF Tags size #10 (4.2" x 8.4") , these tags are great value as you get 6 in the pack for £3.99.


Here's What I Did:

I started by adding a layer of white gesso to the tag and then having selected a few colours of That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Paints applied them randomly to the tag using either my finger or an old credit card. Once the paint was dry I stencilled through one of the new stencils from Carabelle Studio using a Black Soot Archival ink pad with an ink blending tool. 


Over the stencilling I then stamped the scribbly text, from a That's Crafty! stamp set, with Versamark ink and then heat embossed with white embossing powder.


To add to the piece I added the circles which are MDF waste pieces from another of the That's Crafty! MDF substrates. I first painted them white and then stencilled over the white paint, again with Black Soot Archival ink, using one of the circular Dinky stencils and added them to the tag.


Final piece on the tag are the words 'Be Cool' which I made on my old Dymo tape printer.

Here's What I Used:
That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Paints - White, Black, Bright Magenta, Orange, Bright Red, Yellow, Teal
Carabelle Studio Template - Madame
That's Crafty! Stamp Set - Alexa's Doodles Set 2
That's Crafty Round Dinky Stencil - Brickwork
Dymo Printer
Have a fabulous week and I'll see you next Tuesday
Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Very cool - the bold graphics and bright colours are fabulous together, and that white scribble over the top adds great movement and spontaneity.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very striking and colourful card Amanda and love all the layers.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic , Aamnda . Love the combo of colour,bold black stenciling and whote embossed scribble- makes for a very striking finish . x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook