Go out and Love by Amanda Southern

11:00

Hi Everyone
This week I have one of those projects where I have just played with loads of paint and mediums to create my project which is an MDF tag using one of Dina Wakley's new stamps.


Here's What I Did:

I started with an MDF tag #8 from That's Crafty! MDF range which I lightly brayered a coat of gesso and onto that I stencilled through my favourite Dinky stencil Half circle using texture paste. Once that was dry I added on some torn pieces of Dina Wakley collage papers with gel medium before adding a selection of Dina Wakley paints with random coverage. 


Before adding further to my piece I stamped the image onto the tag this was to allow placement of further additions to the tag, the stamped image was going to be covered up with another stamped version of the image that I stamped and cut out from a scrap piece of card that I had cleaned a brayer on, I also added some machine stitching to it before adding to the tag. At this stage you can see the collage paper through the paint which sadly disappeared by the end.

I went on to add more stamping in red using the scribble script stamp, again from one of Dina's latest sets, washi tapes from Dina's washi tape collection and some additional texture with texture paste through dot stencil. I punched out a heart from some painted red card and added 2 same staples through it before adding to the image, the sentiment is from Dina's collage words which has been added with gel medium. To finish I added some splatters of black paint and edged the tag using a black scribble stick.

Here's What I Used:
That's Crafty! MDF tags #8 Pack of 6 (great value at £2.75)
Dina Wakley Stamps - Scribbled Silhouettes & For the Love of Circles
Dina Wakley Paints - Ruby, Turquoise, Lime, Lemon & Black
Dina Wakley Scribble Sticks - The black from set 1
Dot Stencil was from my stash but this from AALL & Create is similar HERE
Sewing Machine
Heart Punch
Hope you have a fabulous crafty week
Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. This has everything I love, layers, paint, red, fabulous design. Love it. ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful statement Amanda, and a gorgeous tag.
    Hugs, Dorthe , xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a fabulous silhouette stamp - I love it - and your mixed media layers and textures are scrumptious.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous tag Amanda. The colours and textures look absolutely amazing and the amount of detail is awesome. Love it!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving all those brayered layers, that dinky stencil is one of my favs too. The new Dina images look awesome. The little heart really is a super added embellishment. Fabulous piece of art Amanda.
    Big Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome tag CC, always love your use of the bright colours
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely Fantastic! Amanda . You rocked out with Dina x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook