Autumn Colours by Samantha Read

11:00


Hello! This week I'm celebrating autumn with falling leaves, glistening berries and a cute hedgehog. I love September and so enjoy my walks in the countryside with Poppy, there is an abundance of berries this year and the leaves will soon be their glorious gold and reds.

What I did

I began with the MDF square panel and gave it a couple of coats of white gesso, just to keep the colours bright and true. Then I blended the Multi Surface Paints till I was happy with how they were. I used a stencil to add some cloud details and then stamped the leaf background directly on to the panel. I treated the grey board berries the same but added Glossy Accents to make them shiny.

The leaves were stamped on to white card which had been sprayed with matt sprays and then cut out. The hedgehog was also stamped on to white card but I coloured him with watercolour paints and added glossy accents on his nose. I used a white posca pen to add highlights to the leaves and the text was a random alphabet set in my supplies.

What I used

That's Crafty! Surfaces MDF Squares Pack
Studio Magda Polakow Unmounted Stamp Set 05
That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Set Boho Vibes Set 2
That's Crafty! 8x8 Stencil Clouds and Hearts
That's Crafty! Greyboard Sheet Acorn and Leaves
That's Crafty! Flat Matte Sprays (I used Saffron, Tomato, Aqua and Bluebell)
That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paints (I used Metallic Green, Green, Lime, Light Blue and Bright Blue)
Ranger Glossy Accents
White Posca Pen
That's Crafty! White Gesso
That's Crafty! Texture Sand Paste

Just a gentle reminder that the That's Crafty! 'Forever Autumn' challenge is still running if you would like to join in! Click here for details.

I do hope you like my creation, thank you for looking.

Wishing you a lovely day, Sam xx

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Samantha so gorgeous,- I love the story of autumn you are telling , beautiful.
    Hugs, Dorthe xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. An absolutely gorgeous Autumn scene Sam. The falling leaves look fabulous and the berries really glisten. Love that cute little hedgehog too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super piece, love it
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet, Sam. Your creations always make me 'happy smile' .
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Sam, you’ve captured the Autumnal feel so wonderfully
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook