I Do Weird by Amanda Southern

11:00


Hi Everyone


I have another wall hanging for you this week this time using a 6” x 6” MDF board and I make no apologies for using the fabulous swirl stamp that I used last week.






Here’s What I Did:


Like many of my pieces my background started off by using a gelli print from my stash. Over that I then added some further stencilled details using black Archival ink. I then cut the piece to the same size as the MDF board. I then stamped the swirl and again I used Tim Holtz Stamping Platform as I was going to need to stamp this twice in exactly the same place. So I made the first stamping and then leaving the card and the stamp in place on the stamping platform I painted over all the swirl with white PaperArtsy Fresco paint as it has a matte finish. 

When the paint was dry I then inked up the stamp again and re-stamped the swirl over the white paint and hey presto all the squares are neatly coloured in white. I then stamped the Bird on a Wheel using Versamark and heat embossed it in black. I then did the same again on a scrap of gelli print, added a little colour with pencils and layered it onto the original heat embossed image. 

Now to add my words and back to the Stamping Platform. I used Tim’s foam alphabet stamps which using the platform means you can line them up perfectly and as some of the letters are repeated in the phrase great to get them all level and spaced after you need to use the same letter again. I have Used black Dylusions paint to stamp them, to get the black absolutely solid I needed to repeat the stamping several times impossible without a Stamping Platform. When the words were dry I added an edge with a white Posca pen.
A little bit of doodling around the edges using black and white Posca pens finished it off. I then glued the piece onto the MDF using the fabulous new glue by That’s Crafty!


What I Used:


Gelli print made using - Gelli Plate, acrylic paint, brayer and mark making tools
Lost Coast Designs - Cracked Critter ‘ Bird with Wheel’ (sadly no longer on website but the other critters are)
Posca Pens - Black & white


Have a fabulous week and I’ll see you next Tuesday

Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Weird and wonderful... your gelli prints make stunning colourful, abstract backgrounds. Wonderful demonstration of the value of the stamping platform - have resisted so far, but..... Another fab creation Amanda. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Amanda, such an amazing background with incredible detail and love the cracked critter on there too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely weird and definitely wonderful - like something from a modern art gallery. Love the Cracked Critter - pity he's no longer available - and the mighty swirl hypnotises the viewer into peering into the depths and then sticking around for more!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree with Nikki you really know how to work those gelli prints.. always a fabulous combination of colour, stamps and words laid on top. That swirl stamp is so mesmerising, wonderfully weird Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how fabulous is this. Just love everything about it. So in love with that background.
    Much love, Bev. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this, you really do create the most amazing backgrounds. Oh and because of you I now have the swirly stamp too ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is fantastic , love it Amanda, a wonderful background, draggin me in, and that tiny weirdo is the sweetest :-)
    Love
    Dorthe, x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heheheh - well you know I LOVE weird Amanda. This has me smiling BIG this morning. I just adore it!! Xj.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook