One for the Men by Helen Chilton

11:00

I've made a card with Fathers' day in mind (a bit early, I know) or just for a masculine birthday.


I've made a basic Gel Press background using paints and stencils. As I was working on kraft card, I've started off with white paint:



Then I just brayered on some of my favourite Teal:


You'll get at least two impressions.


Then I thought a bit of 'zing' was called for so added yellow:


Particularly like the one on the right:


Add a touch of red with a smaller stencil...


...and the background's ready.


I embossed in black here to make it stand out:


and then added some figures and painted metal embellishments.


Supplies:
That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paints: Teal, Bright Red, White, Mustard Yellow
That's Crafty! 8ins x 8ins Stencils: Plaid, Cogs and Gears
That's Crafty! Dinky Stencils® and Masks: Dinky Lines
Tim Holtz Paper Dolls Die-Cuts - Vintage

Once you start making these backgrounds it's difficult to stop - I've now got a collection for later projects!

Helen

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Great FD card , Helen. Loving the layers x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Helen and love to see how you bulit up the multi layered background.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook