Glorious Poppies by Fliss Goodwin

11:00


Hello!

I have a very bright card to share this week featuring one of my favourite flowers as one sight I really love to see is a meadow full of glorious poppies and I wanted to create something that showcases these gorgeous new flower stamps from Melina.

What I Did:

I made my background with a piece of smooth cartridge paper cut to fit a 5 x 7 card blank and then misted on saffron flat matte spray. Once it was dry, using black ink, I stamped the poppy image straight on across the background, stamping 4 times and varying the height for a natural look. I painted the images with tomato and basil flat matte sprays, using walnut for the flower centres.

I stamped an extra poppy image and a butterfly from one of the textures collection stamp set on more smooth cartridge paper, again using black ink. I painted these too with flat matte sprays, using tomato and walnut on the flowers and aqua, bluebell and basil on the butterfly. I cut out just the flowers from the poppy sprig and the butterfly.

I cut a piece of cartridge paper slightly larger than my poppy panel and stamped one of the texture collection images round the edges with Versafine spanish moss ink. I ran a black ink pad around the poppy panel and added splatters of orange flat matte spray for interest, then glued it to the green edged mat.

I stamped one of my favourites of Lynne's affirmation stamps on dark green card using Versamark ink and heat embossed it with white embossing powder, cutting into a strip. I glued the poppy panel to the card blank then added the extra poppies and the butterfly to give a bit of dimension. I finished off by painting the flower heads and the butterfly with 3D gloss gel for a lovely sheen.

Supplies:

That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Set - Flowers Collection Set 6
That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Set - Textures Collection Set 3
That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Set - Textures Collection Set 4
That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Set - Lynne's Wildflowers Set 2
That's Crafty! Flat Matte Sprays
That's Crafty! 3D Gloss Gel
Black Ink
Versafine Claire Shady Lane Ink
Versamark Ink
White Embossing Powder
Extras - 5 x 7 White Card Blank, White Smooth Cartridge Paper


Have a great and hopefully crafty weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Your card is lovely, Fliss. A wonderful field of poppies in a glowing sunlight - perfect . x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glorious is definitely the right way to describe those poppies Fliss, love this! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Fliss, great colours
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous glowing poppies against the sunshine sky, Fliss - this is great.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook