Embrace Elegance by Amanda Southern

11:00


Hi Everyone

I have been creating on one of the fabulous MDF Chunkies again, this time the 4.5"x 9", I absolutely love working on these. All of the sizes are 1.5" deep, so they are like a deep canvas. As they are MDF, unlike a canvas, you can cleanly stamp onto them when they are built up something I wouldn't risk doing directly onto the softness of a canvas. Part of the fun is also that you can continue your art around the sides.


and you can decorate the top and bottom


Here's What I Did:

I first built up the Chunkie, which easily glues together. I then made a gelli print using the Dina Wakley Gel Press as it is 9" x 11" and allows 1 A4 piece of card to be cut to cover the front, sides, top and bottom. 

I built up my print with 2 layers the first I used a Gel Press tool to make marks in the first layer, left it to dry then brayered on another selection of paints then took my print. I cut and added my pieces of my gel printed card to the Chunkie before I started working on it but you could add it at a later stage. 

The first addition was to stencil the female figure using black modelling paste and I left that to dry naturally. I then added all the black background stencilling using both black paint (bottom swirls) and the dangles were using black Archival ink pad and a piece of Cut and Dry Foam, the sides were all stencilled using black Archival ink. 

I then added grasses/plants around her feet by stamping with Versamark and embossing using Seth Apter's Baked Texture Ancient Amber, this I also did around the sides. I then stencilled the ornate circles using Versamark applied with a piece of Cut and Dry Foam and then heat embossed using another of Seth's Baked Textures, Dirty Sand. The stencil I used for the circles is the centre of That's Crafty! Mandala stencil that I just masked of so I just got the centre part I wanted. 


I also wanted to add some heat embossed shading to the female so using a stencil brush I brushed onto, just one side, some Versamark and then sprinkled on the Dirty Sand baked embossing powder. I then just lightly brushed some off so I got a softer blend.

I repeat stamped the words 'Embrace Elegance" with black Archival ink. I also heat embossed in black one of the quotes from one Alison Bombers stamp sets for PaperArtsy.

A little gilding waxes around the edges finishes this chunkie off.

What I Used:
That's Crafty! Surfaces Chunkie - 9"x 4.5" Pk of 2
Gel Press - Dina Wakley 9" x 11"
Seth Apter Baked Textures - Ancient Amber & Dirty Sand
That's Crafty! Stencil - Mandala 8" x 8"
Stencil Girl Stencil - Sacred Feminine 9" x 12"
Patti Tolley Parish Stencil - Large Dangles
AALL & Create Stamp Set - #24
PaperArtsy Stamps by Alison Bomber - PAEAB08

Have a fabulous crafty week and I will see you all next Tuesday
Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Wonderful Chunkie CC, aren’t they just the greatest thing to create on, love this one...so dramatic
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous, love the Gelli print and how you added detail to the sides. Lovely touches of gold too. Love ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous chunkie Amanda, wonderful texture with the Dirty Sand and embossing !!
    Dorthe
    Hugs, x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous rainbow colours behind the stunning stencilled woman. And the Dirty Sand looks fantastic too. Love the look of these chunkies - may have to invest! - and all the fabulous detail on the sides and top as well.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous artwork Amanda. The stencilled figure looks just fabulous against the colourful background and the textures from Seth's embossing powders are great too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy this is incredible Amanda, what a powerful piece of artwork. Fabulous statement stencil and I love how we can see whats around the sides.. Amazing!!
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook