The White Space Challenge by Fliss Goodwin

00:00


Hi there, this week I set myself a little challenge to come up with something which actually has white space on as it’s not something that comes naturally to me – I have a tendency to the more is more type of creating if you know what I mean! There’s also no stamping involved which must be a first for me!






Ingredients:


That’s Crafty! Dinky Stencils - Believe, Chevrons Background, Arrows Background, Distressed Harlequin, Enchanted, Punchinella Background, Chequerboard Background
Distress Inks – Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry, Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Dried Marigold, Spiced Marmalade, Hickory Smoke
Thick Card – any colour will do
Jar Lids
Grey Pencil – mine is a chalk pastel



Recipe: 


I began by applying the lighter shades of pink, orange and yellow inks to the left hand side of my journal page and then used the punchinella stencil with the darker orange and yellow inks to add a pattern at the top and bottom of the inked areas.







I then used the chequerboard stencil with the deep pink ink on the pink inked area. I next inked some more on the left side of my page.

I followed this with the harlequin stencil and the deep orange and pink inks on the left side of the page. I then used the word stencils with the grey ink to add some text to my page.

I made a homemade stencil with the circle dies and card and made inked circles on my page with the deeper ink shades. I used punchinella stencil with the grey ink to add some further pattern on the inked circles and part of the page.

I used the arrows stencil with the grey ink to add a pattern on the right side of the page. I added some more pattern with the chevron stencil and the spun sugar ink to draw the elements together. I finished off by stamping circles on the page with jar lids and the grey ink.


As you can see, my page does have some white space and I’m hoping that I can achieve even more on another creation,

Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Absolutely fabulous page! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Now that works doesn't it. I'm with you on the whole More is More thaing Fliss but this is absolutely gorgeous. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect use of white space, really striking journal page
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have mastered your white space challenge perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous page, sometimes there just has to be white space and this is one of those times
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful white space page Fliss! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook