They Carry Secrets on their Wings by Dorthe Hansen

11:00

Here is another of the so useful and wonderful to use, greyboard tags, for this
weeks blogpost.

I started using the lovely Mandala stencil with the Sand texture paste and
while letting it dry, I sprayed a piece of paper with Lustre spray Lime and an old
tag laying around with the gorgeous Lustre spray Gold


When the paper was dry, I stamped the dragonfly wings from
Lynne`s Affirmation Set 2 and also the text.
I fussy cut the wings and misted over them once again with the Lustre,
giving an amazing iridescent look.
From the greyboard dragonfly and wings, I found two dragonflies, matching
the size of the wings and glued the wings on top - painting the body with
a black fine liner.


The tag was sprayed with Flat Matte Basil and at once over sprayed with
Walnut Ink, which I mixed onto the tag with a pencil, toning down the
Basil a bit and giving darker areas of the brown in some places. 
I dipped a piece of old fabric in the spray remnants and wound
it around a tiny branch, found in my garden, or on a walk.
The dragonflies were adhered to the branch and the words cut into pieces, to the
tag and both adhered to the now dry tag. Lastly a silk ribbon from the stash tied to the panel tag hole,
and a string to the paper tag.


I hope you can see the beautiful tones of the Lustre spray and amazing
texture from the Sand Paste. 

Thank you for now, and a lovely week to you all.

Hugs and love 
Dorthe 

Materials used:
Walnut Ink Crystals
From my stash: A branch, old fabric, piece of silk ribbon - reused tag , string

You Might Also Like

20 comments

  1. Stunning piece of art Dorthe! Gorgeous colours and textures <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Melina , very much .
      Hugs from me- <3

      Delete
  2. I'm absolutely delighted with this gorgeous tag! The colors are right up my alley and your details always amaze me Dorthe. Hugs,Susi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Susi you are so sweet -
      Hugs, Dorthe x

      Delete
  3. Love the stencilled background looks like stone, beautiful
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amanda , the sand paste is great to use -
      Hugs, Dorthe xx

      Delete
  4. So beautifully done Dorthe! Great texture and color. I love your art work~ hugs, karen o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear Karen , thankyou so much for your loving words to me-
      Hugs , Dorthe, xx

      Delete
  5. This tag is magical Dorthe Dear and I do see the layers of colors and textures you have created. And YES they do carry secrets on their wings. I love them at my former pond and now at my current water feature. Beautiful Tag Dear...<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So lucky you are having them, near you, Sherry, - thank you, dear, for your kindest words .
      Big hugs, Dorthe, xx

      Delete
  6. Simply charming and enchanting Dorthe!
    Jackie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Jackie , sending you big hugs - xxoo

      Delete
  7. How beautiful - the textured sand paste looks amazing in the background, and I love your dimensional dragonflies.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alison, thank you dear, so sweet of you to visit, with all you have to do !!
      Hugs, Dorthe

      Delete
  8. I keep seeing these "greyboard tags" everywhere. I'm thinking I need to get me some of those. What you've done is absolutely incredibly beautiful, Dorthe. I love it to the MAX!!!

    Thank you for providing me some eye candy.
    xo
    SuZeQ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sue,
      Thank you for your always kindest comments- I`m sure you will love the greyboards , they are fantastic to work on.
      Hugs, to you - xo

      Delete
  9. Stunningly gorgeous slice of nature sweetest Dorthe, a little window into magic
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So lovely said, my dear Donna, - thank you sweet friend, and big hugs to you - xxx

      Delete
  10. This really is a stunning piece of creativity Dorthe, the background is amazing with those colours picking up the depth of texture perfectly. Both dragonflies look amazing all blending in so well as if they have found their happy home. A very beautiful piece of art.
    Creative Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh! Absolutely gorgeous artwork Dorthe. Such wonderful texture and subtle soft colours. I can just imagine the shimmer on the dragonfly wings which look so beautiful.
    Fliss xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook