Beauty of My Delicate Wings by Dorthe Hansen

10:59


I can’t believe it is already August tomorrow, this summer, which in Denmark, haven’t felt at all like summer, is going so fast, I’m sure many of you feel the same J

Well, here is my Monday post for you!!








Start with a piece of cardboard and cut it to a size that you wish for a card. I sprayed it heavily with the new beautiful Sparklers Spray Red. While drying I thinned another Sparklers Spray, with water, in a spray bottle and give light sprays on the upper part of the card and lower right corner.

When dry, stamp the beautiful butterfly stamp, designed by Melina, directly on the right side with Jet Black and colour it - I used Brush Markers and the middle big stamp, from the set of 3!!






The circles from Texture Stamp Set 2 was then stamped around the butterfly, first with Worn Lipstick and after on top of it with Coffee.

One of the lovely Bits & Pieces flowers was first painted with Shimmer Paint Red mixed with a little gesso, to create a pink tone - it was also used under the butterfly. Then I added details and a brown upper part to the flowers, with a brown Brush Marker and a Micron Pen and green stem. Lastly, I sprayed with the Sparklers Spray Red again.  Another beautiful embellishment, the dragonfly was painted with the same pink as the flower and then stamped on the wings with the crackle stamp, also from Texture Stamp Set 2, to add the feeling of real wings. The body was painted brown and details all over, made with a black Sharpie.







From the Dinky Stencil Enchanted, I stenciled Beauty using Coffee Archival Ink, to top left corne and on a piece of cotton fabric, I used half an affirmation from Lynne’s Set 1. It was adhered next to the stamped Beauty.

I had been lucky to find a bathroom “sponge” (plastic netting tied together to form a sponge) in a lovely soft pink colour and it was perfect here, to tear in little pieces and add under the dragonfly and over the stem of the flower, together with a piece of lace I had lying on my table. Edges were sponged with Archival Ink Coffee and then I adhered the card to another piece of cardboard, to form a frame. Then I stamped the smallest butterfly from the stamp set on a piece of transparent plastic, saved from a card box. I fussy cut it and adhered it to the butterfly, to give a feeling of movement. I’m sorry it is almost impossible to catch on the photo.




Maybe your sharp eye, can see it here.



The last thing to do was make a hole through both layers of cardstock, with a Crop a Dile and knot a length of sari silk to create a hanger for the card.


MATERIALS USED:


Archival Ink - Jet Black, Coffee
Brush Markers
Micron Pen Brown
Dyed lace
Netting
Hard plastic from box


Dorthe

You Might Also Like

26 comments

  1. This is lovely. Beautiful layers and textures. Thanks for the inspiration and great step by step.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sylvia, thank you for visiting here .

      Delete
  2. You really have portrayed the beauty of delicate wings Dorthe, working your magic again with your mixture of different materials. I love the way you just find something and can incorporate it into your designs. Beautiful.. Hugs Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Tracey, thank you so much,I really am a textile artist, and think that`s why I always have to add some lace or other fabric-like material :-) X- Hugs, Dorthe

      Delete
  3. This is stunning Dorthe! I love everything about it ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you bunches Melina, hugs-x
      Dorthe

      Delete
  4. How lovely! I love the soft colour tones, with that gentle rosy warmth. And the ethereal fabric textures echo the beautiful delicate wings of the butterfly and dragonfly. A lovely summer creation.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alison, thank you very much, -your words means a lot to me , xx

      Delete
  5. Wonderful subtle tones make this such an enchanting design. Beautiful Dorthe xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nikki, for your sweet words . XX

      Delete
  6. An absolutely beautiful creation Dorthe. Love the delicate colours and all the little details you've added look wonderful.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fliss, thank you very much for your kind words, and love of my creation. XX

      Delete
  7. Oooh beautiful creation Dorthe, I always adore looking at the way you add all your wonderful embellishments too :)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna, thank you so much, my hands automatically are reaching for them, :-)
      Big hug, Dorthe XX

      Delete
  8. Again another wonderful textural scene, beautiful
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Amanda.
      Love, Dorthe, X

      Delete
  9. it's so lovely Dorthe! I love the blending of the colors that you chose XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Tamara , so kind of you . XO

      Delete
  10. so so lovely Dorthe a wonderful piece ;O))

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you capture the delicacy of these ethereal wings, Dorthe! Beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Goodness Dorthe Dear this is beautiful and so many layers and textures. Thank you very much for sharing your techniques inn how you created this lovely card hanger. Blissful Butterfly!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful artwork my friend! You have created a perfect Summer piece with your butterflies and the soft textural background with your inks and sprays blending so cleverly!
    Well done sweet friend!
    xox Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dorthe that is stunning. The most beautiful creation i have seen for a long time x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness how did I miss this. Life us too busy. I love this Dorthe. So beautiful and soft with the gentle colour. Love everything about it. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your use of texture on this very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook