Dinky Tree Mask Greeting Cards by Nikki Acton

11:00







Today I have been playing with one the newest range of That’s Crafty! Dinky Stencils and Masks – Tree (TC085). I have created 2 cards, using the mask in slightly different ways.

For the blue tree – I started with a piece of card I had randomly spritzed some Distress sprays on, and allowed to dry. I placed the mask down and secured with stencil tape/ removable tape. I then used Cut and Dry foam to apply Versamark through the open areas of the mask – pouncing gently ensuring I gained full coverage. I removed the mask and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. This has now sealed the area behind the tree. I then spritzed with Mermaid Lagoon Distress spray – but this now only colours the un-embossed area – so the tree itself.

For the white treeI started with blank card. I applied Versamark over the mask itself – so adding the ink to the actual tree. I secured it (Versamark side down) to the blank card and ran this through my Big Shot (I place it between photocopy paper). This transfers the ink onto the card and I heat embossed with clear powder again. This seals the tree area allowing me to add colour to the background – again I used Distress sprays – but inks would work just as well.

I trimmed my tree cards and mounted on some Distress Oxide backgrounds I had previously created. I do love the versatility of masks and stencils!

  
See you next week.

Nikki


Supplies

Alternative Happy Birthday Stamp: PaperArtsy Mini’s by Emma Godfrey – EM18

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Ooh stunning cards, beautiful use of the new stencils too
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikki, they are beautiful, and I love this mask with the tree, and have already created a few surfaces ,for the blog- using them .
    You used great techniques , the result is gorgeous !! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous Nikki. Love the beautiful colours and your stencil work is amazing.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work with the stencil creating 2 super cards
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab makes Nikki and useful for both male and female. Love the backgrounds you've created. Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE these Nikki. Both are just STUNNING. Xj.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook