Be Bold, Be Brave by Amanda Southern

00:00


Hi Everyone

Another Tuesday has come around so my day to share some art. I thought I’d start by admitting to you all that I do have an addiction to buying stamps and an even bigger confession is that some of them haven’t even seen an ink pad yet. I tell myself I am a collector!! Anyway one such stamp set that I bought and failed to ink up, until now that is, is the 2nd in the series of PaperArtsy’s Everything Art stamp sets.  







Here’s What I Did:-


I sprinkled some PaperArtsy Infusions onto my craft mat and then lightly spritzed with water to activate the colours of the crystals I then picked the colour up onto a piece of mixed media card, I dried it off with a heat gun after picking up the colour before going in to pick up some more I find this layers the colour. I then stamped the hand image onto the card and again onto some road atlas paper. I used an out of date road atlas of the UK. The paper is a little glossy so I used Stazon for that and added some coloured pencil to colour the hands of the compass. I then cut the hand out and glued it over the stamped image on my background. 






I then added some stencilling onto the background using a combination of Seth Apter and Andy Skinner designed stencils using both black ink and red paint.

The moth was stamped and cut out along with one of the statements from the stamp set and added. I have also added a couple of X’s die cut using a Seth Apter die from card that I had stamped the text onto. Finally, I matted it onto black card before mounting it onto a card blank.


What I Used:-


Card Blank
Road Atlas Page


Well that’s another stamp inked I can cross off my list!!!

Hope you like it and see you next week
Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Yep of course you're a stamp collector.......absolutely stunning card, another card that should really be framed :)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... that's one of my uninked stamp collection sets too (but then I have been away from my craft room for nearly ten months this year!). Fabulous work - bold and dense with meaning and layers.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A stunner Amanda with amazing detail - love it!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. If a postage stamp collector is a philatelist I winder what a rubber stamp collector is? Another stunner, a signature piece

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook