Caution by Amanda Southern

00:00






Hi Everyone

I would like to share with you this week a piece I made for last month’s Craft Stamper magazine, myself along with the rest of the design team all made pieces using That’s Crafty! MDF hearts. As everyone doesn’t read the magazine I thought I would share with you all today.




Here’s What I Did:-

I started with a selection of That’s Crafty! MDF pieces, large tag, large heart and smallest heart. I gave each piece a covering of gesso. I them randomly applied colours of PaperArtsy paints in greens and blues to the tag and large heart. Once I was happy with the colours and they were dry I stamped the crackled texture stamp over both of them. I then stamped the large X’s. Onto the heart I stamped the caution sign and image. For more texture I flicked slightly watered down paint in red and white onto the crackled pieces. Further additions of red paint were made using an old credit card. I wound fine wire around the large heart before glueing onto the tag.

The smallest heart was then painted with red PaperArtsy Fresco paint and I then stamped my image of the eye on it. I added a little white coloured pencil to the eye to add some contrast. This was then glued onto the large heart.

The saying I found on the internet and typed out on my vintage typewriter and added with matte medium which really seals them onto your project.







Here’s What I Used:-


Stamps are Stampendous Andy Skinner “Toxic” and ‘Curiosity
X’s Stamp from my Stash
Fine Wire
Typewriter

Hope you like it and I will see you next Tuesday

Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Great make Amanda... Love all the layers and the wire binding is fab! Nikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do love this all the laureates and pop of colour with the red

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favourites of yours,fantastic make
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tag, I love the wire wrapped heart Amanda! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is gorgeous and mysterious! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook