A Broken Heart Bleeds Tears by Moira Sutton

00:00





DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics –  Primary Cyan,  Cobalt Teal Hue, Cobalt Turquoise Hue, Transparent Yellow Oxide, Transparent Red Oxide, Quinacridone Burnt Orange, Quinacridone Gold and Napthol Red Medium
Embellishments - Rusty Wire, Glass Tear Drop Bead, Dried Coffee Grounds



That’s Crafty! have just launched last week on Hochanda three new ranges of products – Clocks, Dream Catchers and MDF Uprights, all in different shapes and designs.  I had this fabulous Jagged Edge made from MDF to work on. These can be decorated with the same theme front and back or two different themes. I chose to go with two connected but different themes for this one, so I am sharing one side today and the other side next week.

I added a very thick coat of Texture Crackle and when dry glued the Upright to the base with Gloss Gel and gave the whole and all 3 hearts a light coat of gesso. When dry I used a mix of the 3 blue/green paints to give a base colour.







For the heart I snapped it in half (to be honest I got hubby to do that bit) and added the coffee grounds then a first layer of Transparent Yellow Oxide, followed by a layer around the edges of Transparent Red Iron Oxide and finally a layer of Quinacridone Gold over the whole surface. 






I cut out strips of cardboard to sit behind the heart pieces and give them height, at this stage I added rusty wire strips across the front and glued it all down.

I printed my text out and coated the words with Glossy Accents. When dry I attached the words by folding the paper over the wire gluing in place. I found the words on the internet but unfortunately have no idea who wrote it, cool saying though.


Finally I went over adding Ruby Glass Beads where I felt the piece needed them and adding the glass tear at the base.

Moira

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Very informative. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lush textures and colours Moira, fab!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh love this creation, so dramatic and the textures are amazing
    hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful Moira and the colours and texture look stunning.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook