Follow Your Heart by Amanda Southern

11:00


Hi Everyone

Amanda here, as is custom on a Tuesday, and this week I have created a wall hanging, all stamped images are from one stamp set from Lost Coast Designs, and the swirl stamp on this set is my new favourite.








Here’s What I Did:


Background piece is a build up of acrylic paints, I have used the new Finnabair impasto paints, loving the depth of colour in these paints, Colour has been built up smearing colour on with an old credit card and my fingers. This was created onto a piece of A4 card and I cut out the area of it that I wanted.

I then stamped on the chequered swirls (love these). I then stamped the stripy squiggles on the edges. Next I stencilled on some addition details the directional arrows and small rectangles towers using black archival ink and a blending tool.

I then stamped the fish 3 times onto some scrap gelli printed card I had and cut them out, I did the same with the heart stamp. All stamping has been done with the Tonic Tim Holtz stamping platform as you don’t always get a clear image first time over acrylic paint. I added some white details to the piece using a white Posca paint pen. My sentiment ‘Follow your Heart’ was typed out on my vintage typewriter and added to the piece with gel medium. I wanted to mount this for the wall onto an 8” x 8” MDF Piece. I painted around the edges of it with black gesso and then edged it all with chequered washi tape from my stash. Over the washi tape I stamped and heat embossed in white using the doodled circles stamp (again from Lost Coast Designs) I then mounted my piece in the centre and glued on my fish with That’s Crafty! glue and added some bubbles with the Posca pen going around the bubbles with a fine liner black pen. I then gave everything a coat of matte medium to seal it.







What I Used:


Finnabair Impasto Paint – Various Colours
Old Credit Card
Lost Coast Design Stamps – Fish & Heart and Doodled Circles
iStencils – Skyscrapers & Kabobs
Gelli Print Scraps
Heat Gun
Washi Tape from my Stash
Vintage Typewriter


Hope you like it and have a fabulous week

See you next Tuesday

Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. It is the most beautiful fairy tale Amanda, so many amazing layers of paint, and the special stamps. I love your fishes :-)
    Love, Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - I can see why you love that swirl - it gives an incredible sense of movement amidst all the colour. Love the fish, and all the black and white doodling brings everything to life brilliantly.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So full of colour Amanda, that swirl stamp is fabulous. The whole piece would make a magnificent print for fabric. I love it!!
    Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. An amazingly detailed creation Amanda and love that swirl stamp which gives such a fabulous effect (Might need it too!) Gorgeous bright colours too and love the whole design of this.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda its stunning. What a fabulous creation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love love, what a fantastic creation!!! The colours are just amazing, looks like you made the stamp set sell out too ha ha
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous. This is such a great set and your wall hanging rocks. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really love this! Wonderful colour and adore your stamping - in fact off to check out that stamp set! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook