Hello crafty peeps! I have two cards to share with you today. Both feature stencilled backgrounds that I made last year with That's Crafty! Dinky Stencils, and also the lovely Artistic Outpost stamp set 'Bluebird'.
Here's what I used...
That's Crafty! Dinky Stencils - Herringbone Background, Arrows Background, Bubbles Background, Punchinella Background, Abstract Squares
DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic Paint - Paynes Grey, Phthalo Blue, Primary Cyan, Cobalt Teal Hue, Primary Yellow, Yellow Green Light, Titanium White
Ranger Distress Ink Pad - Antique Linen, Black Soot
Cream Card Blank x 2 - 8x6 inches
Here's what I did...
1. The backgrounds were made using the DecoArt Fluid Acrylics together with That's Crafty! Dinky Stencils, then cut to postcard size (6x4 inches).
2. I randomly stamped the script from the Bluebird stamp set on the backgrounds with Cloud White ink, then clear embossed it.
3. On a piece of white card, I stamped the two main images with Onyx Black ink then clear embossed them and cut them out. I inked the images with Antique Linen Distress Ink, then used some watered down Phthalo Blue acrylic to paint the images.
4. I lightly painted some vintage music sheet with white gesso, then tore two strips and stamped the birds on a wire on these. I also stamped the Bluebird phrase twice on the music sheet and tore around it.
5. I inked the edges of all images with Black Soot, and adhered them to the background panels as shown.
6. To finish, I matted each panel onto black card, then adhered them to the cream card blanks.
Have a creative day!