ATC Storage by Alison Hall

00:00


Hello crafters! Today I'm sharing the ATC storage box that I made for the recent Hochanda TV shows.








PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Acrylic Paint - Bora Bora, Brown Shed, Chalk, Little Black Dress
That's Crafty! Dinky Stencils - Numbers, Dragonfly Flight, Reverse Honeycomb Background


Here's what I did...


1. I decided to assemble my storage box before decorating, as I find this easier. But, you could quite easily decorate first. I used matte medium to glue the pieces together.

2. I painted the insides and base of the box with Bora Bora Fresco, and then the sides with Brown Shed.

3. Next, I painted the sides with a coat of Fresco Crackle Glaze. Once this was dry, I quickly painted a coat of Chalk Fresco over the top, then waited for those fabulous cracks to appear. 

4. I stenciled the dragonflies and numbers with Little Black Dress Fresco, then the Reverse Honeycomb with Bora Bora, to bring the interior colour to the outside.

So, quite simple, but some wonderful texture with the crackle and stenciling. These boxes are great for storing your favourite herbal tea bags too!


I hope I've inspired you today,

Alison x

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Love this. It's right up my street. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the storage cases, and you've done this one up beautifully... I may have to go Dinky shopping soon!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super must try that crackle its a great effect and thanks for the tea bag tip

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super must try that crackle its a great effect and thanks for the tea bag tip

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab altering Alison and love the colours and gorgeous crackle on there.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliantly decorated Alison
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this, such a yummy crackle effect
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks fabulous Alison some great techniques xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook