Hope, Trust, Believe by Amanda Pink

11:00

Hello Everyone 

Welcome to my Thursday weekly DT post.

This week I am sharing a few cards I have created using a Carabelle Art Printing stamp, 'Main de Miriam' designed by Alexi. 
It is a relatively new addition to the range of Carabelle Art printing stamps and it's one that caught my eye as soon as I saw it. That's Crafty! carry a range of these stamps and if you haven't already be sure to check them out here. There are plenty of fabulous designs to choose from. 

Having had the stamp for over a month now I was keen to try it out so in the few precious moments of creative time I have had this past week I decided to show it the paint! 


I worked with Dina Wakley Heavy Body Acrylic paints, initially using Lemon and Cheddar but later adding some black into the mix aswell. After brayering the colours onto my gel plate I pressed the art printing stamp into the paint for the design on the stamp to transfer onto the plate. I then removed the stamp from the plate, placed a piece of white card over the design and pulled a print. I continued in this way pulling print after print working with various colour ways. In a short space of time I had a 'pile' of successful prints which I shortlisted to a few that I used to create my cards. 

For each of the cards the prints were matt and layered onto white card and then adhered to a black handmade card. 

Trust 
This was about the third print I pulled by which time I 'd brayered some black onto the gel plate along with the Lemon and Cheddar.

From another print using the same colours I cut out the hand and the moon and adhered them over the same features on the background print using foam pads to give some dimension to this card. 



I didn't adhere the fore finger as I kind of liked it falling slightly forward from the rest. 


For this card I added the word 'Trust'. 


Hope 
If I remember correctly this was about the 5th or 6th print. I used a lot more black paint for this print. 


I kept this card one dimensional. 



and added the word 'Hope.'


Believe
I used Dina Wakley's Heavy Body Acrylic Paints: Magenta and Black for this print


As with 'Believe' I kept this card one dimensional 



and added the word 'Believe'


The detail on all the prints is really impressive thanks to the gel plate and the art printing stamp design and I'm more than happy I added 'Main de Miriam' to my stash. 

Products I used:

White Card
Black Card
Dina Wakley Heavy Body Acrylic Paints: Lemon, Cheddar, Magenta, Black
That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Craft Adhesive 
Carabelle Studio unmounted Art Printing Stamp: 'Main de Miriam' designed b Alexi. (AP60030) 
Tim Holtz Big Chat Stickers
Gel Plate
Brayer
Scissors
Foam Pads

I hope you have enjoyed your time here with me today and that I have offered some creative inspiration. Thanks for taking the time to stop by and for any comments you may leave. 
 Both are greatly appreciated. 
Hope you have a lovely week
Creative Wishes 
Amanda
x

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Gorgeous grungy effects Amanda and they're all so striking.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Amanda, the gel prints are very effective with the handprint. Love them 😘😘

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always a big fan of a triptych, and the hand makes such a powerful visual statement on these panels. I love the depth of the prints in the background too - beautiful, atmospheric work.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook