Believe Chunky ATC by Amanda Southern

11:00

Hi Everyone
Today I am sharing with you an MDF chunky ATC which is the smallest size available from That's Crafty! range of MDF Chunkie's. 


I love working with the MDF Chunkie's, whatever the size, this one is 2.5" x 3.5" x 1.5" the depth of them means you get to decorate the sides as well.

Here's What I Did:

I started by constructing the little Chunkie, these go together really easy and just require a good glue and there is none better for these than That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Craft Glue which bonds the pieces together in no time, definitely my go to glue. Once all put together I roughly dry brushed some gesso on making sure I left some of the MDF exposed. Once the gesso was dry I thinned down some Multi Surface Teal Paint and randomly brushed it on, I also added some Walnut Flat Matte spray over the wash of Teal and sprayed water onto it to lighten it down. When that was totally dry I stencilled through one of Melina's new masks using White Multi Surface paint. To add an aged and worn look to the piece I went to my washing up sponge to add some Chestnut paint I love the texture that applying with a piece of washing up sponge gives you.

Next was to decorate my little MDF Heart which I did by first painting with in Christmas Red paint and thoroughly drying before I heat embossed. I chose to add one of Melina's new mandala stamps and used Seth Apter's Dirty Sand embossing powder. That also got the washing up sponge treatment with the Chestnut paint. I glued that to the front. To finally add the sentiment I stamped onto tissue paper with Chocolate Brown Stazon pigment ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder I then added it to the front with matte medium.


You can see how the pattern carries on around the sides of the chunky.


For the back I just added this sentiment which has been done by heat embossing, again onto tissue paper using Stazon pigment ink in Chocolate Brown, and added to the back.

To add the finishing touches I raided my bead box and added 2 flat wooden beads to the bottom, which I had painted to match, and under those added 2 small MDF circles that had been the waste pieces from another MDF kit. The bead on the top was a metallic finish so I just added some dabs of paint with my washing up sponge. It also sits on a waste circular piece of MDF. To bring the red of the heart into the piece I added some touches of the red paint to the edges and bead.

Here's What I Used:
That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paints - Chestnut, Teal, Christmas Red & White
Stazon Pigment Inks - Chocolate Brown
Large Beads
Washing Up Sponge
Have a great week and I will be back next Tuesday
Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Absolutely gorgeous textures and grunginess on here Amanda. Love the added beads too as they really give the chunkie such a different look.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - this is a beauty, Amanda. I love the "feet" and those brilliantly textured distressed edges all around. Great Chunky.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook