Seeking Stillness by Fliss Goodwin

11:00


Hello everyone, I have another card to share this week, this one very mixed media and my favourite of those I created for the One Day Special last December. I hope you like it as much as I enjoyed creating it.

Here's what I did:

I first made my background with a piece of mixed media paper which I painted with a dusky pink shade made by mixing magenta, orange and white together - this may seem strange but the orange really helps to achieve a more antique shade of pink.

I then used the gorgeous mandala stencil with teal and white to add a pattern in the centre of the pink paper. I stamped script in the corners with Archival Potting Soil ink for added interest.

I next used a white/greyboard artist trading card to make a background panel for the mannequin I intended to add. I painted the panel with teal, yellow and white then used the mandala stencil again with a slightly deeper shade of dusky pink to add the pattern.

I used the mannequin stencil on mixed media paper with teal and chestnut brown paints to create the shape and then cut the resulting image out. I rounded it out with a large embossing ball tool and tweaked the colours a little to add more life to the shape. I then added it to the panel with silicone glue for depth.


I decided to add some rich vintage style embellishments so I stamped the gorgeous lace from the textures set 3 on paper, embossed with gold detail powder and cut this out. I stamped some flowers from Lynne's Affirmations Set 6 together with the leaf from the same set using strong shades on ink and cut these out.

I dry brushed some chestnut brown paint around the edges of my background paper and used the lace stamp directly around the outer edges of my white card with pearlescent blue ink to add interest.

I assembled the card as you see, using a mix of double sided tape and glue, finishing off with the text from the affirmations set, stamped on the scrap of mixed media paper washed with blue and brown using brown ink and trimmed with pinking shears.

Supplies used:

That's Crafty! Surfaces - White/Greyboard Artist Trading Card
That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Sets - Textures Collection Set 3, Lynne's Affirmations Set 6
That's Crafty! 8 x 8 Stencil - TC8014 Mandala
That's Crafty! Mini Stencil - MS023 Mannequin
That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paints
Ranger Archival Ink - Potting Soil, Plum, Fern Green
Ranger Dye Ink - Carribean Coast
Embossing Ink
Gold Detail Embossing Powder
Gems
Mixed Media Paper
Other - Large embossing ball tool, pinking shears, silicone glue


Have a great weekend and see you next week
Fliss x

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. The lace border stamp looks fab going across your card Fliss, beautiful vintage colours and the way the mannequin has been placed on the stencilled ATC gives a great fan effect. Beautiful..
    Enjoy your weekend
    Hugs Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fantastic panel, dear Fliss, I too am in awe over the lace border created using gold embossing- and your mannequin so beautifully shadowed, on top of that stenciled tag, is just gorgeous. Also love your trick to achieve the antique looking pink shade.
    Hugs to you, and enjoy your weekend - my friend - xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Background with my favourite TC stencil looks great and a wonderful backdrop for your panel. Great make
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Fliss, very elegant and your composition is just so lovely too
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh this is beautiful! The mannequin looks wonderful on the gorgeous stencilled panel. The background is fab especially with the edition of the stunning lace border. Cool words too. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook