Bird Nest Shrine by Moira Sutton

11:00


 


That’s Crafty!  8x8 Stencil - Big Floral - TC8005
Prima Art Alchemy Paints – Opal Magic Violet Green Opal Magic Pink Blue, Opal Magic Blue Gold, Metallique Light Patina Metallique Rich Turquoise
Prima Art Ingredients Glass Beads - Grass and Micro Beads - Copper
Prima Art Alchemy Wax – Vintage Gold and Amethyst Magic
From stash – Bird Mould, Bird Nest, Wooden Eggs


With the weather so gorgeous (I did make this a few eeks ago!) my mind flitted to all things new which inspired this piece about a bird and her nest of eggs.
I began with using the paperclay in the bird mould and leaving to dry over night. When the bird was dry I painted it with the Teal paint and added Vintage Gold Wax.





For the shrine I started with passing Modelling Paste through the stencil onto the front of the Shrine. I made the shrine up and dotted all 5 colours of the Art Alchemy paint all over the inside and the stencilled front. 





Next I added the waxes over the stencilled area for definition.

I constructed my shrine and added the glass beads and rhinestone banner using gel medium. 

Moira

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. This is beautiful Moira. So much texture and detail and love the shimmering colours on your shrine.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful composition Moira, Love the way the Birds nest is housed within the shrine; a real little treasure... Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful texture on the shrine with the Big Floral, I love that stencil, too- and fantastic colors -love your blue shine !! Dorthe, x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook