Enjoy by Amanda Southern

11:00






Hi Everyone
I’m back this week having made a card from a leftover piece from my make from a couple of weeks ago, you will find the details of that make HERE. It basically is the leftover piece after I was playing with alcohol inks through a stencil and this is what came off when I cleaned the stencil with blending solution. I have cleaned the stencil off onto deli paper but any card or paper would probably work. 


As a reminder here is that background





Here’s What I Did:


As I had used deli paper I glued it onto a piece of card using a spray glue so it didn’t crinkle at all, you could also use a self-adhesive sheet. I then stamped the main image, I have stamped her using the Tim Holtz Stamping Platform as I thought it might take a couple of inking ups to get a clean stamped image and also I wanted to colour parts of her with paint and then re stamp the image to get very clean lines around where I painted. So with a platform stamp your image but do not remove either your stamp of your card held in place with the magnets. I then painted in her head and arms with blush paint which is totally opaque as I didn’t want the background to show through at all. Once the paint was dry I then inked up the stamp again and stamped the image again this cleans up all the edges of where you have painted. Once you are happy with your stamped image you can remove the stamp from the platform.

I then masked parts of her off with a post it note and using the stamping platform stamped the large plant behind her. I then painted the plant with opaque paints, once again working on the platform and leaving the stamp in place and when the paint was dry stamped the image neatening up all the edges. For techniques like this you really do need a stamping platform as you would never be able to stamp in axactly the same place twice without one. To be honest, as an experienced stamper, I didn’t think I needed one but took the plunge and now I wouldn’t be with out it. It’s great if you are stamping over slight texture or painted surfaces as you can keep re-inking your stamp until you are happy with the image.

The rest of the colouring is from using coloured pencils. The caterpillar was stamped and coloured on a separate piece of card and cut out. The final addition was the sentiment which has been stamped and painted using the same stamping technique with the platform.


Here’s What I Used:


Clean up piece from previous make using Alcohol Inks and
PaperArtsy JOFY Stamps – JOFY37, 41, 46
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Paints – Blush, Greens all were opaque colours
Coloured Pencils – Spectrum Noir Colourblend
Post it Notes
Card Blank


Have a fabulously crafty week and I will be back next Tuesday

Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Both a wonderful design and fabulous tutorial on the use of the stamping platform! Thanks Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous make Amanda and I love that background. I dont think I would survive without my stamping platform. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Amanda. Fab use of your leftover background and the stamping looks amazing.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved that background the first time I saw it, great technique. So satisfying using off cuts. Love those JOFY stamps. You've created a fab card Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card, I really love that mesmerising background
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply delightful. Your "leftover" background is gorgeous in and of itself, and I love the little JOFY scene you've created within it.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous and so cute too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is the sweetest Amanda, I love her happy attitude, and the background is just perfect for her !! Dorthe, xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook