Happy New Year Everyone!
Today I have a textured journal page to share with you, featuring a stamped phrase from Clarabelle Studio, which I think is a great mantra to start the new year with.
Here's what I used...
Carabelle Studio Stamp Sets - Cadre et Fleurs par Azoline, Bloom by Birgit Koopsen, Follow Your Heart by Birgit Koopsen
That's Crafty! Dinky Stencils - Arrows Background, Bubbles Background, Moc Croc
DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic - Green Gold, Cobalt Teal Hue, Carbon Black, Primary Magenta
Here's what I did...
1. To begin, I used a palette knife to apply modelling paste to a page of the white/greyboard journal. I used the texture combs to create some patterns in the paste, then left it to dry.
2. Next, I painted my page with the Green Gold and Cobalt Teal Hue acrylics. I used the tinting base to blend the colours and lighten them.
3. I used the bubbles background Dinky Stencil with cobalt teal hue, the arrows background stencil with primary magenta, and the moc croc stencil with carbon black, to make a background. I also added some stamping on the edges with the zig zag image from Follow Your Heart and black Archival ink.
4. I painted some music paper with a light coat of tinting base to tone it down, then stamped the phrase from Bloom and the flowers from Cadres et Fleurs, and cut them out. I added some colour to the flowers with paint. I cut some stalks from the music paper, and painted them too. Then I used matte medium to glue the flowers and stalks onto my page.
5. I inked the edges of the words, then glued them to the page. I mixed up the phrase a little, for a bit of fun.
6. To finish, I used a paintbrush to add some watery splatters of black paint, then sponged the edges of the page with some neat black paint.
I hope I've inspired you to get back in your craft room today.