Tag Art by Amanda Pink

11:00

Hi Everyone

Welcome to my Thursday weekly post of creativity. 
Today I am sharing a piece of Tag Art that I have created using one of That's Crafty! Long Tags and a range of other mixed media products all of which are listed at the foot of this post.


 I covered the tag with a piece of scrapbook paper and sealed. This was to give the base layer some  detail that could possibly show in the end result depending on how much 'extra' I added to it . At this point in my creativity I wasn't too sure so I thought it a good idea that it be there so I could decide as I worked. 


I then scraped gesso over the paper covered tag randomly to whiten out some of the detail on the paper. 


I repeated the process with paint to build up layers of colour. I worked with 4 different colours of paint applying them one at a time. The photo below was taken about half way through the process so still a few more layers of colour to add before I was happy. 
  

Feeling a need for some texture and more of a grungy feel I added some crackle emphasised with distress crayons and some textured stencilling.


To finish off the background I added some detail stamping and a few paint splatters. 


The focal feature is as always with me the sum of a few parts. 
Three lengths of painted and crackled dowel on which sits a painted and crackled greybeard square. 
In the centre of this is a painted wood chip circle which serves as a rest for the tiny stamped and lightly painted butterfly. 


By layering up the focal feature in this way it gives the finished tag some great dimension 



Products I used:

That's Crafty! Surfaces: Long Tags (pack of 18) 
Dowel
Nail File

I hope you have enjoyed your time here with me today and that maybe I have offered some creative inspiration.
Thanks for taking the time to stop by and for any kind words you leave for my creativity. 
I really appreciate both very much .
Have a lovely week and hope to see you again next week... same time, same place. 
Take Care
Amanda

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. This is stunning, Amanda - I adore the delicate colour palette - so pretty, and fabulous crackle and splatter.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook