Pencils Galore by Debbie James

11:00


It's Wednesday again and my turn for the blog post. I love these stamps from AALL and Create and wanted to make a page for my art journal.


These are quite lengthy stamps and I wanted to add layers so I started with a pretty large piece of white stamping card. I blended some Oxide Ink sprays, Twisted Citron, Squeezed Lemonade and Peacock feathers.


I used a stencil and some fine texture paste to add a small amount of texture to the piece.


Whilst this was drying naturally, you keep the colours richer if left to dry naturally, I stamped the Pencils stamp and the brushes stamp onto white stamping card and I coloured with watercolours from art by Marlene. I edged the pencils in black to add some shadow and depth.  I mounted these onto black card. separately.


I wanted to give one of the pieces some texture and height by adding some cardboard packaging under the brushes stamp. I used some cardboard from my many deliveries..oops and I tore it randomly so that it was slightly larger than the image.

Once done I added both sections to the background and added it to my A3 Pink Pig art journal and splashed some splash crystals to the image and the page.


I loved making this and I hope you enjoy it.

I used

AALL & Create Border Stamp #26
AALL & Create Border Stamp #165
Art by Marlene Watercolours
AALL & Create Stencil #59 Weathered Tiles
Distress Oxide Sprays
13 Arts Splash Multipurpose Ink in Turquoise
13 Arts Splash Multipurpose Ink in Crystal Green
13 Arts Splash Multipurpose Ink in Old gold
Creative Muse Designs Fine Texture Paste

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Your page looks fabulous Debbie. The pencils really pop in their bright colours with black edging and love the added texture from the packaging material.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook