I Just figured out that.......... by Amanda Southern

11:00

Hi Everyone
Another Tuesday has come around and I have a card for you this week using the fabulous stamps of AALL & Create and in particular one of the quirky girls designed for AALL & Create by Fiona Paltridge, the one I have used is called Asher (I just love these characters).


As you can see I have given this card a vintage grungy look.

Here's What I Did:

I started by creating my background on a piece of mixed media card, you could also use water colour card, and chose the Distress Oxide inks that I needed and for this background I used Vintage Photo, Antique Linen, Walnut Stain and Tumbled Glass. I separately smeared each ink pad onto my craft mat and lightly spritzed with water and then picked each colour drying with a heatgun inbetween each colour. As you are all probably aware by now Distress Oxides layer up on top of each other as they are opaque so work brilliantly for building layers of colours. Once happy with my background I then added some background stamping some using Barn Door Distress Oxide and then I stamped the border stamp using black Archival ink. To add some further details I added some torn book paper strips and torn washi tape and over this I added some machine stitching. 

Onto a scrap of designer paper I had I stamped Asher, cut her out and added a minimum bit of colour to her a little bit of red colouring and a light sponging of Vintage Photo Distress ink. To her dress I punched out a heart from the washi tape capturing the numeral 1 in the centre of the heart.


To finish I added my sentiment which is a mixture of typed out words and die cut letters from black card to make up my formula. The background was then edged with a mix of vintage photo and walnut stain distress ink before layering it onto a piece of Kraft card. All was then added to a DL card blank.

Here's What I Used:
Distress Oxide Ink Pads - Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain, Antique Linen, Tumbled Glass & Barn Door
Distress Inks - Vintage Photo & Walnut Stain
A6 Stamps #10 & #25
A7 Stamps #91 Asher
Washi Tape (I used from my stash but loads HERE)
From My Stash:
Scraps of Designer Paper
Black Card
Sewing Machine
Typewriter
Alphabet Die
Heart Punch.
Have a fabulous week
Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. An absolutely scrumptious background - Oxides and stamping both included in that - and I love the quirky little character figuring stuff out.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is brilliant Amanda, I love her! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quirkily fabulous Amanda. Such a great background and love the text you created too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous card Amanda, I love that quirky girl and the background you have created is amazing!! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic creativity! Amanda . Such terrific use of your chosen products. Love it ! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook