Hi Everyone! Alison here today, to share another fab That's Crafty! altered substrate with you. This time I have used an MDF Door Hanger with some hot Gelato colours.
Here's what I used...
Faber Castell Double Scoop Gelatos - Bubblegum, Mango, Lemon, Red Cherry
Carabelle Studio A7 Stamps - Desire, Collage
Here's what I did...
1. First of all, I prepped the door hanger by giving it a coat of white gesso. Then I used the Gelatos to add colour to the front, blending with my fingers.
2. Next, I placed the Bubbles Dinky Stencil onto the door hanger, and used a baby wipe to remove the colour. I continued to do this all over the door hanger, making sure I dried the stencil each time, otherwise I would remove colour in places that I didn't want to.
3. I stamped the Desire image centrally on the door hanger, using the black Archival ink, then stamped the Collage images around the edges. I also partially stamped the Messy writing, to fill in some of the gaps.
4. On some vintage music sheet, I used the Versafine black pigment ink to stamp and emboss the Collage and Desire images a few times, then clear embossed them. I cut out 3 large butterflies and the word from 'Desire', together with a few of the small butterflies from 'Collage', then sponged black ink around the edges, and adhered them to the door hanger. I only glued the bodies of the butterflies, lifting the wings up to add some dimension.
5. I finished my hanger off with a coat of black gesso on the back and edges.
I hope I've inspired you to be creative today,