Saturday, 1 November 2014

Tangled Poinsettia by Donna Ratcliff

 
 
 
 

Morning all! Thought I’d start to get a few Christmas cards done as we’ve hit November! Now I don’t need loads but even still I don’t want to spend ages making them so here’s a classic gold and white make that was nice and simple to make but still has a bit of style about it……….well I hope so anyway!! Lol!
 

What I used

Creative Expressions Single Stamp – Merry Christmas, Zentangle Flower
 

What I did….

1. So first of all I stamped the Merry Christmas stamp with Versamark and heat embossed with gold embossing powder, then I trimmed it down leaving a good sized border all around the image.
 
2. Then I stamped a portion of the Zentangle Flower in the top left hand corner and again heat embossed with gold. I also went all around the edge of the piece of card with my Versamark pad and edged in gold.
 
3. Then I mounted this onto a larger piece of card which I also edged in gold, and finally onto a white card blank.
 
4. To create my tangled Poinsettia I simply stamped the flower a couple of times, embossed it in gold and cut it out before gluing the two sections together.
 
 
 

5. Then I glued the completed flower in place and added a few gems to the other corners for a little added Christmas sparkle. 
 
Hope you have a lovely weekend and see you next week
 
Donna xx

1 comment:

  1. Really like the white and gold, looks gorgeous! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...