Sunday, 23 November 2014

Playing With Brushos by Lynne Moncrieff



 

 

This card is my first project working with Brusho and a little goes a long way with those crystals and the colours are beautiful in their intensity.

Instead of removing the seal on each lid I pierced a hole in the lid. 

 

Supplies


Oxford Impressions:- Times Past (script, label, numbers)
                                My Story (tape, label)
                                April In Paris (tag)
Brusho Crystals:- Moss Green, Olive Green, Terracotta, Yellow Ochre, Burnt Sienna
Distress Ink:- Crushed Olive, Walnut Stain
Memento Rich Cocoa
Ranger Sepia Accents
Wooden Button
Ivory Jute Twine
7”x5” Pre-scored Kraft Cardbase
Hot Press/Smooth Watercolour Paper (Ranger Watercolor Paper as substitute)
Coarse Sea Salt

 

Instructions


Sprinkle the Brusho crystals onto the watercolour paper. Mist with water allowing colours to merge. On some areas scatter coarse sea salt. Apply more Brusho to piece of Kraft cardstock. 
 

Tear one panel slightly smaller than 7”x5”. Repeatedly stamp advertisement (Artistic Outpost) with Distress Ink Walnut Stain. Distress edges with Distress Embossing Powder.  Adhere panel to Kraft cardbase.
 


 


Stamp all other elements onto remainder of prepared watercolour paper. Stain and distress edges. Apply Sepia Accents to some of the stamped elements. Stamp tag onto prepared Kraft cardstock. 
 
 
 
 

 
Stain wooden button with Moss Green Brusho, thread with jute twine and attach to stamped tag. 
 

 


Assemble card attaching some of the stamped elements with Tiny Attacher or mini fasteners.

 

Until next time,
 

Lynne

9 comments:

  1. Fabulous Lynne! Just received my crystals recently. You always inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brusho's wonderful isn't it. And perfect for your shabby style, Lynne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful, vintage card, Lynne. I love the details - the distressed tag and the button. How wonderfully the crystals work with it too! The whole project radiates warmth. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is right up my street Lynne and I love this beautiful vintage make. Wonderful details and layout. Love your fabulous DT pieces.....so inspirational.

    Hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A vision of gorgeous grunginess Lynne. Love it!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Think I may need to add some more colours to my collection, I love this beautiful vintage piece Lynne! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Lynne!!! Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This vintage card is simply wonderful Lynne. These brushos look great... I've just bought bister powders, I think it's quite similar regarding their properties though I didn't tried them so far, but I'm itching to do it! And adding salt adds certainly interest to the formed background! Have a lovely day, hugs Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...