Thursday, 4 September 2014

Tweet Chirp Tag by Carol Fox



 
 
 

I have a tag to share this week on the Blog using Dina Wakley stamps, but not as you know them.

 

My Background 


I did this using my Gelli Plate, braying paint onto the plate in individual layers and pulling each layer off directly on my tag. I stated with a tourquoise, added a layer of pink, then adding a layer of white through a stencil, going back in to finish with another layer of white to knock the whole thing back and blend it together. I then used black paint and the Dina wakley Bird stencil to add the birds that you can see in the background.

 

My Tag 


I stamped the hearts using black Archival ink.
 

I stamped my image on to a separate piece of card masking as necessary to layer the head over the birds head, I cut this out and stuck it in place before colouring it in, I added a short length of washi for the image to stand on.
 

I stamped my quote and cut out the words I wanted to use from it and stuck them in place on my tag, I coloured these blue to match my birds body and outlined them using a black fude pen.
 

I edged my tag in black paint, finishing with machine stitching around the edges.

 

I used 


Dina Wakley Stamps Scribbly Birds, Face in the Crowd and Collaged Hearts
Tag
Washi Tape


Carol

2 comments:

  1. OMG! That *is* crafty, Carol, if not a bit spooky! I love how your mind works, my friend! This is totally brilliant. Thanks for sharing the step-by-step--especially on your gelli background! Way to go, Carol!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...