Saturday, 6 September 2014

The Apothecary Shop by Donna Ratcliff



 
 
 

So this week I thought I’d have a play with a variety of stamps and make a slightly spooky artist trading block

What I used


 

What to do….


1. So first to create the box…….cut two strips of heavy white card measuring 3” x 10” and then score at ½”, 3 ½”, 6 ½” and 9 ½”.
 
 
 

2. Then I coloured up the pieces of card with a mixture of Ripe Persimmon, Antique Linen and Pumice Stone ink.
3. Once I was happy with the colour I added a layer of interest with the layering stencils…..I used Pumice Stone through the Gothic stencil and a bit of Black Soot through the Shatter one. Then I edged each panel with some more Black Soot.
 
 
 

4. To add a bit more interest I added a bit of stamping in paint using some PaperArtsy Fresco paint in chalk and the tree stamp from the Danse Macabre set and the small dots from the Ellen Vargo set. Then I glued the box together using some Cosmic Shimmer glue.
 
 
 

5. When it came to decorating with stamped images it was really a case of stamping lots of bottles, the man, the bird onto some white stamping card cut them out and coloured them with Distress ink. I also stamped a few images onto the box…..which in hindsight would have been easier BEFORE I stuck it together but hey ho it worked okay so not too big a problem!! Then I just sat and arranged and glued. I used 3d silicone glue on quite a few of the pieces to give some extra dimension.
 
 
 
 

Hope you have a lovely weekend and see you next week
Donna xx

3 comments:

  1. This is really gorgeous Donna. Such amazing detail and fabulous stamping.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely stunning ATB - in love with it!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love all the images and the colours are fab

    Jools x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...