Saturday, 27 September 2014

Come to the Circus by Donna Ratcliff


 
 
 

Roll Up, Roll Up the Circus is in town! Had some fun playing with the Vintage Circus plate by Oxford Impressions this week.

What I used


 

What I did….


1. To create my tent I stamped the curtains onto some white card and drew a triangle shape above, then cut the whole thing out.
 
 
 
 
2. Then I stamped some of the images and cut those out as well. Then I gave everything a quick rub over with some Antique Linen on a bit of Cut n Dry, before adding more colours with other Distress inks. 
 
3. I wanted the tickets to look as if they were tucked into the roof so having stuck them together I laid them against the roof, noted where they came and then with a craft knife I cut a small slit following the lower line of the roof.
 
4. Once I’d positioned and glued the other pieces in place I added some more shadows with a damp paintbrush and a bit of Black Soot Distress ink.
 
Hope you have a lovely weekend and see you next week
 
Donna xx

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous antique looking piece! Love how the stamped images are tucked over and around each other into a perfect composition, such a clever use of that stamp set!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...