Thursday, 10 July 2014

Hand Carved Stamps by Carol Fox


 
 

 

I have had one of the Speedball Stamp Carving sets for a while and I have had it out this week to have a play with. I must admit I had been putting off using it as I imagined it being tricky and hard to use, but I was very surprised how easy it was to get quick and easy results with it.
 

I have been wanting some basic shapes to use in my journaling for a while now and I am very pleased with how these have turned out.
 

I simply drew my design onto a piece of paper and rubbed this face down onto the block transferring the image to the rubber. I then simply carved this using the tools in the kit.

 
I did find it easier to turn the rubber as opposed to the cutting tool to get nice even curves and to tidy them up I trimmed the out edges with a craft knife.
 

These will be great to use with acrylic paint as shown in my photo.

 

I used

 


 

Carol xx

2 comments:

  1. They look great Carol.....just might have to give this a go :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...