Monday, 21 July 2014

Carefree by Deborah




 
 

Dina Wakley Media Heavy Body Acrylic Paint: Magenta, Tangerine
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish: Squid Ink
Dylusions Ink Spray (I have an old one called Hot Fuschia - you could use Bubblegum Pink)
Artist Cellar Stencil: Jane Girls Petite - Tilted Up 
Script Stamp (substitute similar from Dina Wakley Media: Textures)
3" x 5" Gelli Plate (optional)
Speedball Brayer
Fine Paintbrush eg the finest one in the Lowell Cornell White Nylon Detail Brush Set
 


I've always liked Dina Wakley's loosely drawn faces with sweeps of colour so this is my homage, created in my mini journal.

First I sprayed then blotted the pink ink spray in the middle of my journal. Once that had dried, I rolled my brayer into the Tangerine paint and over the double page spread.

The next step was to place the face stencil and brayer over it in Squid Ink. if you miss any bits then clean the stencil, align on top and use your finger to fill in the gaps but I also like way  that brayering over the stencil results in a less heavy look. Using a fine brush, I added hair in Squid Ink and coloured her lips with Magenta.

Then I brayered Magenta onto my Gelli Plate and stamped my script stamp into it to pick up the ink. You don't have to use a Gelli Plate - you could brayer onto a craft mat or paint on with a wide brush - but I like the 'give' in the Gelli Plate. I stamped the script twice - and that's it!



Deborah

6 comments:

  1. love the colour and the flow of the LO

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so free and really gorgeous. I love that strip of pink too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fab Debs and love the flowing orange locks. Made me think of Goldilocks - hee hee!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sizzling! Her flowing hair creates amazing movement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great! I love the looseness of it and the hot colours x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh - that brayered orange is just fabulous! Free-spirited, spontaneous and hot, hot, hot!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...