Friday, 20 June 2014

Parisian Melange by Fliss Goodwin


 
 

 

Hello there, I have a rather bright creation for you this week as it was rather dull when I started it off so I wanted some cheery colours. I’ve been playing with mono printing again and combined this with some of my favourite Artistic Outpost stamps.

 

Here’s What You Need:

Stamps Used:

 Artistic Outpost Unmounted Stamp Sheets – Paris Exposition and Whimsical Melange

VersaFine Inks – Smokey Gray, Habanero
Thin Cardstock – White or Cream

 

Here’s How To:
 

·       I made the brightly coloured papers with the mono printing plate and the acrylic paints, adding blobs of paint and spreading with a brayer. I then made impressions in the paint with 2 different sizes of jar lid but you could use whatever you happen to have around the house for a similar effect.
 

·       I tore out a piece of painted paper to fit my square card blank and got creating with the Whimsical Melange set. I stamped the tape measure border across the bottom with the orange ink. I stamped the circles collage across the top and down the sides with the same ink and then added grid sections with the grey ink.

 
·       I stamped the mailing card tag on a slightly stronger piece of printed paper with the grey ink and then stamped on the Eiffel Tower image from the Paris set. I cut it out and added a mat of kraft card.
 

·       I stamped some bunting on a scrap of the printed paper and the Parisian lady on some cream card with the grey ink and cut everything out. Assemble the card with a mix of double sided tape and foam tape for added dimension.

 


Have a great weekend and see you next week.

 

Fliss x

5 comments:

  1. Love the pop of white against the bold orange Fliss, great card! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours so warm and inviting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Love how the black and white stamp stands out against that glorious background, - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lady stands out tremendously well against that sizzling background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, Fliss - the bold flaming oranges are wonderful, and I love the stamps you've combined!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...