Thursday, 19 June 2014

Dylusions Journal Tags by Carol Fox


 
 
 
 

I quite often like to add pockets for tags between the pages of my journal as this gives me room to write and I do love the way my journals look with the tags sticking out. Today I am decorating a couple of tags for a page I did a while ago.

 

What I did

 

·       I gave my tags a coat of gesso.
 

·       I then masked off parts of the tag and sprayed it with orange ink, blot and dry it.
 
 
 
 

 

·       Reposition your masks to cover the orange bits and then spray with the pink ink, again blot and dry. 



 

 

·       Remove the masks and spritz with water to blend the colours slightly, while wet stand up the tag to let the colours run down and blend a little bit, use a heat gun to dry them. 

 
 
 
 

·       Use a stencil and add Melted Chocolate to the bottom of the tags, dry.

 

·       Use a different stencil and apply gesso to your tags, dry them thoroughly. 

 


 

·       To finish my background I sprayed Melted Chocolate onto my craft mat, I tapped the top of my tags into this, then lightly spritzed them with water and stood them up to let the colour run downwards.

 

·       I finished my tags with direct stamping and coloured my images using DecoArt Multi Surface Paint.

 

 

 

I used the following


Stencils



Carol

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Tags, fab colours. Just purchased some of tbe DecoArt multi surface paints, need to get the other 31 colours now as i love how quick they dry and the finish you get :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful Carol, you make it look very simple but soooo effective xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great journaling idea Carol, I love the colours & design! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzer - that's some full-on colour and it looks fabulous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...