Saturday, 7 June 2014

Bulldog Spirit by Donna Ratcliff



 
 
Playing with one of the Alice Palace stamps again this week, with a tag that was made as a nod towards the commemorative events marking the 70th Anniversary of D Day.
 

Crafty Individuals Stamps – Alice Palace British Bulldog, Flower Heads
Distress Ink –
Barn Door, Salty Ocean, Pumice Stone

That Special Touch Mask –
Doodle Squares

Memento Ink –
Tuxedo Black

Cut ‘n’ Dry Foam

White Card

Black Card
Black Fine Liner Pen 
 

What I did….

1. I cut a tag shape out of white card and coloured it with Pumice Stone Distress ink using a bit of Cut n Dry Foam and then added some pattern by using the Doodle Square Mask with Salty Ocean and Barn Door Distress ink. I also let the ink come over the edge of the mask in places to give me a few straight lines of colour as well. 
 
 
 
 
 
2. Then I stamped the Bulldog and coloured him with Distress ink, I also stamped a few of the flowers from the Flower Head sheet and coloured those with Distress ink as well. I also created a little text panel saying ‘Bulldog Spirit’….I used alphabet stamps but you could easily create this on a computer.
 
3. Then it was just a case of assembling everything. I matted some sections onto black card and doodled some stems to my flowers and added a little doodled line border round the edge of the whole tag. Finished with a little blue ribbon.

 
Hope you have a lovely weekend and see you next week

 
Donna xx

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous Donna. Love the background and the bulldog looks adorable.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...