Thursday, 11 April 2013

Literary Owl Tag by Carol Fox



 
 

Hello.

This week I knew I wanted to do a tag using the lovely Literary Owl stamp by Stampendous but there I got stuck. It was then I remembered the Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2013 challenge. I knew there was a section on the shop site where they were all linked so I had a look. I have taken my inspiration from the January Tag.

 
This is how I did mine 

·        I inked my tag with the blue and orange Distress inks and then using an embossing folder I ran it through my Bigshot.

·        Gently ink it again with the Vintage Photo ink and run the black dabber round the edges.

·        Using Glossy Accents attach a length of film strip to the tag.

·        Die cut some large cogs, paint with the metal acrylic dabbers blending with your fingers as you go, finish with some black paint and apply the gilding wax while it is still slightly damp, buff.

·       Glue in place and add the cogs and spinner, hold in place with Glossy Accents, add a brad to the centre.

·        Stamp your quote onto a piece of scrap card, cut out and distress the edges with the paper distresser and then ink with the Vintage Photo, glue in place and add the clip to the edge.

·       Stamp, colour and cut out the owl image and layer onto the tag using stick pads to give it some height.

·        Add a small charm to the bottom.

·        Colour the ribbon by using the Distress ink on your craft mat, spritzing and then running the ribbon through it, dry with a heat gun. Tie through the tag top.
 

I used 

 
Thanks for visiting today,
 
Carol x

4 comments:

  1. Love your take on the January Tim tag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love him... glorious background, and those cogs and gears are fab!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful Tag. So much depth and texture. Gold Star for you this week! Love it Alan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely fabulous. Love the stamp images and how you treated the cogs, great textures and gorgeous details. Where did you get the bulb clip from? Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...